At Runcorn State School we teach and assess in alignment with the Australian Curriculum. The Australian Curriculum sets the path for what all students should learn as they progress through their school life from Prep to Year 6. Students engage with and explore eight different Learning Areas.
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS)
- Technologies (Design and Digital)
- The Arts (Music, Visual Arts, Media Arts, Dance & Drama)
- Health and Physical Education (HPE)
- Languages (Students at Runcorn learn Japanese)
At Runcorn, Music, Physical Education, Health and Japanese are taught and assessed by specialist teachers.
Every student is unique, with different needs and interests. Teachers use the curriculum to plan in ways that respond to those needs and interests. The Australian Curriculum is flexible, allowing schools and teachers to personalise student learning.
For more information visit https://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/parent-information/
Visit the Teaching and Learning Page (Teaching and Learning) for information on:
- Inquiry Learning and Connected Curriculum
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Maths)
- Assessment and Reporting
- Goals and Feedback