Dear Parents and Carers
As you would be aware, the Premier announced that, thanks to the efforts of people in the affected Local Government Areas (LGAs) and the efforts of those who adhered to home quarantine requirements, from 4pm Friday 20 August there will be an easing of restrictions.
For our school this means:
- Parents/carers and visitors will now be allowed back on school sites, with the requirement they adhere to the ongoing direction regarding the wearing of masks. This means masks must be worn by all adults inside school buildings (unless they can stay 1.5m apart from other people) but may be removed outdoors, as long as they can keep 1.5 metres apart from other people.
- We ask that Parents and Carers not congregate on classroom verandas, Girrawheen Place and at the gates.
- Assemblies and other large group activities including instrumental music groups, choirs, performances, extra curricula sporting activities, and dancing are permitted, adhering to COVID-19 health directions including wearing of masks.
- Interschool sport and excursions are permitted. Excursions will be within the state.
- Visitors and external providers including providers of extracurricular activities will now be permitted on school sites. Masks must be worn by all visitors and external providers inside school buildings (unless they can stay 1.5m apart from other people) but may be removed outdoors, as long as they can keep 1.5 metres apart from other people.
- Masks must be worn by teachers and staff, unless you can stay 1.5 metres apart from other people. This applies to both indoors and outdoors.
Stay up to date by regularly checking the Queensland Government COVID-19 website and visiting our COVID-19 Operations page on the school website.
Once again thank you for helping to keep our community safe.